We are delighted to introduce our new audio library full of books and tapes offering a wide diversity of subjects that can bring the pleasure of the written word back to those who find reading difficult, or to anyone who just enjoys being read to.
There’s something for everyone and if you prefer to listen on your own, then a small portable device and headset is also available.
We shall be offering a book of the week, a daily instalment of one of the books played for fifteen minutes in the Conservatory at 10.30am.
- I Claudius, by Robert Graves
- A history of the American People, by Paul Johnson
- Winston Churchill, The Island Race
- Bill Bryson’s Notes from a Small Island
- A Selection of Wilbur Smith’s African Adventrues
- Shawcross’ definitive Biography of the Queen Mother
- Operas from Handel’s Rinaldo to Wagner’s Meistersingers
- …and many more novels and historical material.